Unfortunately, no one can give you a 100% guarantee that your home will never be broken into. Nevertheless, there are many safety and security precautions you can take to make your home more secure.
How to make break-ins and burglary harder?
- Do not let anyone into your house that you don’t know. If they claim to be a service worker of some sort, make sure to ask for the proper identification prior to you letting them in.
- Make sure to always lock all your doors and windows.
- Install dead bolt locks on all of the external doors.
- Always change all the locks when you first move in.
- Never give your keys to any service workers, gardeners, cleaning crews or anyone else you do not know well.
- Never have an ID tag with personal information and home address attached to your keys.
- Install keyed window locks and locks on your garage and shed.
- Make sure to have the outside of your home well lighted as a deterrent.
What should you do when you are away?